Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What could be the problem when my nissan quest 1995 has gas…

Customer Question
What could be the...

What could be the problem when my nissan quest 1995 has gas smell by the exhaust pipe

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No its hard to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it where they read codes but they cant because its old

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Gas comes out in the manifold in throttle nose and the muffler

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/13/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

How many miles do you have on the Van.. Yes.. They can not check for codes with a scanner on your year Quest. OBD came out in 96

202000

Has the fuel injectors been checked to see if they are dumping to much fuel?