Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My nissan maxima is not getting siggnal to the ignition coil…

Customer Question
My nissan maxima is...

My nissan maxima is not getting siggnal to the ignition coil and no signal to the fuel injectors

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No this car another mechanic they change the engine and from there the vehicle never start so they change the key and the security light was on nut i call to the lock smith to reprogram the key and the security light is off when i crank the engine but still not sending the pulse ground to the injectors and the coils

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Maxima?

2005 automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i have a auto repair

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much is it going to cost

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Nissan Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/12/2018
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

are you getting rpms when cranking the engine?

are you there?

sorry but i check the rpm and there is no rpm and the throttle is not working when i press the gas pedal
Ok i check the fuse and is good is power all the time

ok, if you are getting no rpms when cranking and that fuse is good. replace the crankshaft sensor

are you there?

Ok i replaced the crank sensor but still no spark and no rpm
Ok i check the power and ground but the power is not constant and when we crank the power goes to 0.4 volts

what is the power?

whats the voltage on the green or gray wire?

Power is at the red green
the voltage is from 0.5 to 12 voltage
With the key on

do you have a good ground on the black wire?

I have a good ground but the wire is red
Ok and is the same ground to the camshaf so let me find where the wire go

good idea.

Ok i check the wire and that wire go to a place like connection and there are other four black wires and connect togeather but all the wires are ground tomorow i will check were all those wires go and i will let you know

ok, sounds good.

I check the red wire and that cable connect with other two black wires but that wires conect with temperature sensor and vacoom solemoide and the 3rd wire come from the pcm looks like the pcm is sanding the ground to all these sensors(crank sensor,temperature sensor,vacoom solenoide)

ok well im not sure about this one. I will open it up to the others.

Ok pelease let me know
Nissan Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are many possible causes for your condition,especially considering it seems to have happened due to replacing the engine. IT's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

It sounds as if the PCM isn't functional, either due to internal failure or a loss of power or ground to it.

Do you have a scan tool?

Does the fuel pump run when the key is turned on?

i have scan tool and there is no codes and the fuel pump is turning on when the key is on but we replaced the pcm because was the same problem was not sending the signal to the fuel injectors and the coils but we check the crank and cam signals and the computer is geting the signal so we put a other computer but is the same problem

What does it show for cranking pulsewidth and coil burn time while cranking?

david craig
One of your technical from justanswer was helping me but i still not received any answer

David Craig is no longer involved.

Ok no problem but we open the wire harness becouse he told me tha the ground wire at the crankshaf is black and i saw in my diagram and is black but on this car the ground is red and we open the wire harness and the computer is sanding the ground to the cranshaf sensor so tomorow we goint to put the wire harness back again and i will check again What kind of signal is sandin the crank sensor and i will let you know

You said cam and crank signals were present when cranking.

the cam and crank are present to the computer and ther is no circuit becouse we check all the wiring .

If the signals are present then there is no need to be concerned with the sensors or their wiring.

you right that's why I are confused I have two weeks trying to find the problem on these vehicle.

I am not at the shop today but tomorrow I will check it out and let you know

Ok.

Is sanding 10v to 11v from the crank signal to the computer

You're not concerned with the cam or crank sensor.

Very well then what else can we review?

I asked twice what it shows for cranking pulsewidths and coil burn time while cranking.

How can I check that?

With a scan tool.

I am showing that you have given my answer a negative rating. Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information, as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rerating positively as I am only a messenger. Like you, I am a user of the site and unable to control any delays you experienced; your service rating reflects solely on my performance rather than your experience with the site. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.

Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, Nissan expert here.

If you are getting no RPM signal and the crank sensor connector and wiring is good, but you also have not spark or injector pulse, then it sounds like the drive plate was not lined up properly when installing the engine to the transmission.

Let me know if you need anything else.

thanks.

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician