Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got in the car and started it up, i put it in reverse and…

Customer Question
I got in the...

I got in the car and started it up, i put it in reverse and step on the gas and i heard something like a pop. The car wouldn't move in reverse or forward. this is a 2002 Altima 2.5.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It sounds like under the hood near the firewall. it only happen once and haven't been able to drive the car since.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet because i don't know what direction to go in. i need some help.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/9/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like somthing may have happened in the transmission have you check the fluid level and condition?

i have checked the fluid level, it was1 quart low and did not spell burnt

I would drain the fluid into a clean white container and check for debris and let me know what you find