Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No sound from my speakers. 2015 Nissan Altima SL. It just…

Customer Question
No sound from my...

No sound from my speakers

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2015 Nissan Altima SL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, it just happened this morning on the way to work. it has gone out for a minute before but came back on when I turned the car on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does the Radio display work properly? Do you see volume level and all but don't hear anything? Also did you try a CD to see if the CD has sound?

the display works. I can see everything but cant hear anything, not even a phone call. I have not tried a CD; don't have one.
I do not want a call

If we can, I would like to try a CD. If you can't get your hand on one. Lets try a Master Reset. This is done by disconnecting the negative battery for 15 mins.

we don't have to do the call. We can continue like this.

Lets try the Master Reset and see if that resolves your issue and let me know..

Ok. how do I do the reset?

Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins.

I am at work now but will have my husband do it later.
on the car battery?
u there?

yes on the battery.

ok thanks

We can do that later and let me know how you make out.. Ok?

sure will, thanks

All you would need to do is log back into JustAnswer.com and got to My Questions so you can return back to this question to let me know..