Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

My Nissan Sentra 2014 Start push button would not start the

Customer Question

Hi, My Nissan Sentra 2014 Start push button would not start the engine. we had some cold weather and the car was parked for two weeks. I tried to start it , the lights flickered and the engine cranked, but not enough to get it running. It was obvious that the battery was dead. I charged the battery for a few hour with a battery charger and tried again. Now all the light, heat (AC), radio, dashboard are all lit up, but the enginemakes no sound at all, like no signal is being sent to it... Any ideas?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: not even sure where fuses are
JA: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: so far just tried to charge the battery, but from the lack of response from the engine, it got only worse. will try to jump start it instead
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i told you the whole story
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok if the battery was dead it needs to be tested, any auto parts store will do a check and charge for free, if bad you can obviously get a new one there, also you never ever want to charge a battery on the car

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Really? This is the best you got?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What a sham!

We have to start somewhere, have you had the battery checked yet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is your satisfaction guarantee? Because starting the convo by suggesting I visit a store is just below any expectation. And I did request to cancel this agreement once I saw for what it was

ok do you have a battery load tester at your home then?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the battery is full

when you load tested it what was the CCA's?

what was model of your load tester some are different than others

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am currently not home, but the tester’s green light “battery full” came on.

thats not a load tester though, fully charged and load test are 2 different things, a good load tester costs about(###) ###-####dollars which most people dont have and why I recommend you get the battery checked at the store, I dont know why your mad at me for that ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Because I actually cancelled my request following the credit card authorization when I saw what it was, but you not only charged me the “fully refundable” $5, but also the $15 for something I cancelled right away

at the beginning it said the question was 20 did you not read that?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Actually it says that a “$5 refundable deposit signals to me that you will be willing to credit me if you are satisfied “

yeah just call customer service if you dont any help to get your refund,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You have number?

no its a different service than us

good luck with everything! and thanks for using justanswers!