Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I think my battery in the fob is dead? No I don’t have a…

Customer Question
I think my battery...

I think my battery in the fob is dead?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No I don’t have a voltmeter.... The dealership changed the last one .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Juke 2013 SL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just tried to push the fob onto the start button. That’s what the dealership told me the last time this happened.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’ve slipped the actual key out of the fob but I don’t know where it goes into to start my car. The owners manual wasn’t clear on that. Thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 5 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

please put the key back into the remote this key can only be use to open the door , it is not for starting the car

do the remote open the doors ? and do the heads lights and the horn work ?

r u there ?