Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2012 Nissan Titan pro X4 with Factory tow and I…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a 2012 Nissan Titan pro X4 with Factory tow and I keep on blowing the brake light fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

No I have not checked the fluid level yet but the last time it was in the garage it was appropriate enough to Parr

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to fix it myself before I take it into the garage so far all I've done is replaced about 6 fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The only other things are that when the fuse blows I cannot shift from park into reverse or down if it blows before and if it blows after I've gotten into drive it will not go up into reverse or Park and the other thing is when I put the four ways on my instrument cluster starts blinking

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
1/8/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Pete, Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Pete, Mechanic

The first thing I would check is the trailer connector. If it is damaged or corroded it will pop the fuse. When the fuse pops you can't move the shifter. This is normal, as you now know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thank you the other thing was the brake controller is giving me different codes as in CC. r d. CL.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No this should be good at this time I will have to wait until tomorrow and it's just a little too dark out to work on the back end at this time.

The controller is glitching because of the fuse blowing. I have replaced a few controllers in the past for fuse blowing issues. You might end up disconnecting the controller and trailer harness untill you can go through the system to find the fault.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is what my initial thought was I thank you for confirming I'd you were doing an excellent job how do I get to give you A5 star rating

Just follow the prompts on the site. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are most welcome

.

.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician