Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 Murano. Remotes not working. Key works in ACC or ON…

Customer Question
2013 Murano. Remotes...

2013 Murano. Remotes not working. Key works in ACC or ON when key plugged into dash, but engine will not turn over. Made sure battery is charged. Battery may have been low, and temperatures around 10 deg Farenheit. Tried disconnecting and re-connecting battery, but car will not start and remotes don't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

Less than a year old volts look good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

I thought it was a key problem, so I tried reprogramming my wife's key. Then no keys worked.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

With the 2013, that is push button start. So the only way to program remotes is with a scanner. But if the remote can turn the ignition ON, then it's working. Did you try jump starting the car to see if it will start?

I connected the battery to a charger. The voltage was 14.3V when I tried to start the car, but I didn't hear the vehicle trying to start.
I have a programmer, and successfully re-programmed a key this week.
still there?

When you press the start button, what does the car do? Do you hear a single click? Rapid clicking?

No clicking at all.

Try putting the car in neutral and see if it starts.. or listen for a click and let me know..

I tried neutral once already, and no difference. No clicking.

Were you able to decode the Bcm code when you programmed the remotes?

Do you know if you have any codes? Does the Radiator fan come on when the ignition is in the ON position?

I haven't checked for codes. I'll check to see if radiator fan comes on when the ignition fan is in the ON position.

ok...also check for codes to if the fans do or don't come on and let me know..

Fan does not come on. I'm not set up for checking the codes right now. Is that necessary?

Yes, With push button start systems you have to use a scanner to check and monitor signals.

If you don't have a scanner, the only thing you can do is check all fuses with a test light.

Then I'll check fuses tonight, and troubleshoot further tomorrow.
Is there a particular fuse should I check regarding the starter?

I would check them all!!!