Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My remote start and keyless entry stopped working. Yea

Customer Question
My remote start and...

My remote start and keyless entry stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yea battery is good if i put the key in the ignotion and remote start it it works and i can hear an auible click from the viper system when i lock or unlock the doors but the door locks do nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Viper?

The remote start is a viper the truck is an 05 nissan frontier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Viper yourself? What have you tried so far?

It looks like the factory security system is trying to override the viper so i tried to reprogram the fob like you would for a stock nissan fob by putting the key into the ignition 8 times and the flashers blink but that didnt work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it worked fine before yesterday

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/6/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The remote that stopped working is a Viper alarm remote? Is that correct?

did you check the batteries in them