Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

It wont start it says that its anti-theft. Nissan altima…

Customer Question
It wont start it...

It wont start it says that its anti-theft

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Nissan altima 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Putting in the door and slot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The steering wheel is locked

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
1/5/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, is this a push button start intelligent key model?

Is the engine cranking but not starting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it just won’t start the lights work it just say anti theft
What says anti-theft?When you press the start button, does it go to ACC / ON mode where you can listen to the radio etc?
Or does it say press brake? Or no key recognized? Or what?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s says no key and when clicking the push button it says lock

Ok, all that means is the key is not detected. Otherwise it would at least switch to ACC or ON position.

Does the remote still lock and unlock the doors?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it does t

Do me a favor, turn the headlights on and see if they work. then let me know.

and putting the FOB in the FOB slot by your knee did not help either I assume?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When i stick the key in the key ignition bc the push start won’t work, the lights come on and blink and the beep beep like when your doors open sounds, but the steering wheel is stiff and the push start button light says lock it won’t go the acc or turn on light.

when you say you stick the key in the ignition, you mean the WHOLE FOB in the FOB slot correct?

still need to know if the headlights work also, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
correct and yes the headlights turn on

Thank you for clarifying. Do you see a yellow key light on the dash when you try to start it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We got It started thank you!

excellent, what did you do differently?

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician