Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a low fuel warning light come one and shortly after…

Customer Question
I had a low...

I had a low fuel warning light come one and shortly after had a malfunction warning light come on as well. When I filled the tank up the malfunction warning stayed on but low fuel went away. Could the malfunction light be low fuel related

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

I do not. I was thinking if taking it to AutoZone or so tomorrow and seeing if the could check it

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Nissan Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2013 rogue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much it just came on about 10 min ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a cost to this advice?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Nissan Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the rest?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/5/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The only way to know for sure if the Low Fuel warning is related is to scan the vehicle. You can get a Fuel Level Sensor code if there is a issue with the Fuel Level Sensor problem. This is what tells the gauge how much gas you have in the fuel tank. It could be that if the fuel gets to a certain level, it triggers cause it's internal resistances are out of spec and can cause both warning lights. But the right way to go about it is to scan the vehicle to see if that is the code you are getting so the proper diagnostic steps could be taken.

do you have any more questions on this?