Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There is a very loud rattle at park and idle,,,it is not as…

Customer Question
There is a very...

There is a very loud rattle at park and idle,,,it is not as loud in gear while moving

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2007...no haven't checked anything yet...bought the car in June of 2017,,,rattle much worse in cold

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Nissan?

Murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing really, and no, I will not fix it myself. I was just wondering if this may be a common problem in an older model. Otherwise, the car runs great.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just curious what it might be....being a single, older woman, when I do take it in, I'd like to have a little heads up in what they are looking for.....

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/4/2018
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If it is just a rattle with no running or driving issues if the noise is coming from the engine itself this may be a fault with a lifter/tappet at fault or cam shaft issue or possibly a valve issue.If it is not coming from the engine area at all this may be a loose or damaged exhaust component needing repaired or replaced.

Since it does rattle though the best thing to do here is to have the rattle looked over by a shop or dealer to pinpoint what is causing this rattle to prevent any damage.If it is in the engine it is best to have this looked into right away to prevent any engine damage from occurring.But without hearing it myself and seeing it this makes it difficult to say for sure what is causing it that would need to be repaired or replaced so it is a good idea to have this looked into.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete