Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2007 Nissan Murano FWD. I had service work done to…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2007 Nissan Murano FWD. I had service work done to it with mechanics next door to where I work. They replaced spark plugs, AC compressor, and motor mounts on my car. It’s been off the battery for quite a while, and now once plugged the hazard lights flashes and headlights com on automatically. There’s no radio or hvac display on the screen. That’s without the car starting. With the car started the wipers go off and still no radio or info screen.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes, checked them all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

I ordered a used IPDM for it and had my mechanics backtrack on everything electronic on it, but it comes out the same. The car starts and runs perfect, but the wipers and electrical issues are happening.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We’ve been trying to track this problem for 4 months now

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
1/4/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

It sounds like they may have left a ground off when they removed the intake plenum to change the spark plugs. At the same time, the Hazard lights coming on and lights, that sounds like a alarm issue. Do you know if you have remote start in the car?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s the intelligent key. There’s no remote start.

For the Parking lights to flash, that is normally a indication of a After Market alarm. Do these lights flash when the car is running also?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
as soon as the battery is plugged up they flash and stay flashing along with the headlights coming on. The car has just the Nissan factory alarm.

That parking lights are not part of the factory alarm. Only the head lights. Try taking the mechanical key and lock and unlock the door and then start the vehicle ( if it starts ) and see if the parking lights still flash and the head lights stop?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We tried that already. It’s the same. The wipers go off when the car is running and there’s no radio or hvac controls on. The car starts

Has all fuses been checked with a test light?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they were all checked. Under the hood and in the car.

with a test light?

Were they checked with the ignition ON ? Are all fuses getting power?

getting power on both sides of each fuse..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they were checked several times

This all started after the shop did the work correct? Are you the shop?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m not there now, but my mechanic asked if he changes out the body control module with the same part number would it have to be reflashed? He suspects it might be the bcm

If he replaces the BCM, it will require it to be configured, all keys would need to be reprogrammed and all tire pressure sensors would need to be programmed as well.

Let me look up some of the circuits. I don't think that it could be a Bcm issue.

So far, everything I am seeing, all showing one common fusible link. It's a 50 amp. It's not a regular fuse, it's a fusible link..

That is in the fuse box by the Battery

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I ordered a new one. It should arrive tomorrow. The one on the car was pretty beat up.

Ok.. Let me know how you make out

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ll let you know ASAP

You got it..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, the new fusible link was installed and there’s no change.

Are you sure the repair shop who did the work checked all grounds?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they took everything apart and checked
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ll ask him to check again anyway

Normally this is a ground issue. Especially if it just had work done...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I’ll make sure he does that ASAP

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank, you by the way for keeping in touch. I’ve had my murano there for four months now buying parts ahead of time. It’s been there a while. The engine is fine and the car drives perfectly, but all the electrical stuff is wonky. Wipers going off and hazard lights going off. I don’t want my mechanic to guess about the bcm. There’s electricity going to everything obviously since they’re going off, but inside, the radio/hvac is non.

No problem. I would like to this this issue resolved for you. I am not sure it's a BCM issue, and certainly do not want to advise unless we isolate it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had them check all the ground wires all over the car and it’s the same. Everything is grounded and connected.
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician