Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My daughters 2001 Pathfinder has a new battery and will not…

Customer Question
My daughters 2001 Pathfinder...

My daughters 2001 Pathfinder has a new battery and will not start - I am thinking a Starter Relay, but cannot find a replacement part number.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?

Battery is brand new, the mileage is right at 150,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changing the battery, checking the amperage, and then called AAA to bring it home when she got stuck about a mile from the house.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Ma'am.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/3/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

What happens when you try to start it with the new battery? Do you get a single click?