Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It wont start the lights work so its not the battery. Dash…

Customer Question
It wont start the...

It wont start the lights work so its not the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dash lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014 Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried the start button I lifted the hood and see nothing unusual the car is in the garage It is cold outside but the garage is attached

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/2/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 3 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

how do you know the battery is good? just because the lights work?

I guess what I was expecting was not another question but a checklist of what to do. What should I do to determine if the battery is good or not or if it is not the battery and is something else?

I need to collect information before I suggest what the issue is.

have you not tested the battery? how do you know it is good?

what happens when you try to start?

I have not test the battery. All the lights come on. When I press the start button it makes a little noise but not anything else. I have not tried to jump it yet. It just seemed odd because I have not had any issue up until yesterday. Today when I pressed the button it seemed to act more like it would start but it didnt
How long can I press the start button? How many times should I try before quitting?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

this is 99% just a weak battery. you need to attempt a jump start as a next step

if it will does not start then it is likely a faulty starter, but again, 99% just a weak battery

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

I tried jumping it just now. I will call our auto service and have them try jumping it
Ok. Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert