Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

About the ecm on the 01 maxima, would it need to be

Customer Question
About the ecm on the...
About the ecm on the 01 maxima, would it need to be installed before being flashed by the Nissan technician?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/2/2018
Nissan Mechanic: eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

While there are some ECMs that can be preprogrammed before installation, this is not the case for Nissan ECMs, including yours. It will need to be installed before it can be programmed

It is located behind the glove box. To save yourself a tow charge by installing yourself, drive it to your dealer, and in the parking lot, change out the ECM, and then they can either come out to the car to program it or push it into a bay and program it for you.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

First off my ECM is located in front of the gear selector right of the gas pedal and left of the passenger side not behind the glove box. But thanks anyway

It still applies - it has to be programmed with it in the vehicle

Ok thanks, ***** ***** have to replace the new IAC that I installed?
eric
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager