Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car wouldn’t start because fab was dead replaced battery and…

Customer Question
Car wouldn’t start because...

Car wouldn’t start because fab was dead replaced battery and Machanic did a master reset car started after and ran a full day. Next day car doing the same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Brand new battery and changed fab battery yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I paid a Machanic yesterday to fix the issue it was fixed he said he had to do a master reset

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/2/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model Nissan is this? Altima? Maxima? Sentra?

Maxima 2007

1 min please.. This is a I-Key system right?

It has a fab with a battery and the key inside I tried using the key a Machanic fixed the issue yesterday in less than 10 minutes. I called to find out exactly what was done he said he couldn’t tell me because he charges money to fix those issues and would be loosing money if he told me I saw something online about how to factory reset the vehicle. I know it’s super simple and not worth over a few dollars to fix

Well, the Remotes have different programming than keys. Normally if the remote doesn't work, it could be due to a low fob battery. But if you take the mechanical key out of the remote, that can start the car also.

Does the fob lock and unlock doors?

I replaced the battery yesterday and the car was reset yesterday I just need to know how to reset the car

What was the battery number you installed. The remote should work right away pretty much.. Does it lock and unlock the doors?

Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, new expert.

Are you still needing help with this?