Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Break pedal won’t go down to start car 2015 Nissan sentra,

Customer Question
Break pedal won’t go...

Break pedal won’t go down to start car 2015 Nissan sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Waiting for AAA, also can’t move shifter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just pressing break pedal

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/2/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you push the brake pedal a few times with the car off, the brake pedal will get hard. Did you try jump starting the car?

How hard can I press break pedal down

All you need to do is press the brake pedal down enough that the brake lights come on. It doesn't need to go down that far for the lights to come on.

I have
E pressed the start button so many times, could I have it in wrong mode now
Radio works also lights, still cannot move shifter or break

Do you know if the brake lights are coming on when you step on the brake pedal?

No

Then you may have a bad brake light switch

How many miles are on the car?

We need to see if the brake lights work when stepping on the brake pedal. That is a major input signal for the push button start system for it to allow the vehicle to start.