Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The heat does not work in my 2010 nissan frontier. No the…

Customer Question
The heat does not...

The heat does not work in my 2010 nissan frontier

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No the coolant level is good the truck only works in a/c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i have not done anything yet as this is the first cold weather in houston

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/31/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

If the coolant level is good and the heater core is getting coolant then the most likely cause is going to be the temperature blend door actuator. Over time the actuators fail due to plastic components, when the actuator fails it will default to either only cold air or only hot air