Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

The heat does not work in my 2010 nissan frontier. No the…

The heat does not...

The heat does not work in my 2010 nissan frontier

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No the coolant level is good the truck only works in a/c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i have not done anything yet as this is the first cold weather in houston

12/31/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Locate the heater core hoses going into the heater core at the firewall and feel with the engine warmed up and heater on high heat if both hoses are hot or very warm to the touch and the same temp feel.If one is allot colder then the other this indicates the heater core is restricted needing either flushed out or replaced.If both are hot to the touch this indicates the temperature actuator is at fault on the heater box needing replaced.

If both are cold make sure the coolant level is full.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do you replace the temperature actuator

My info doesn't show the exact procedure but the dash has to be removed to access it as it is on top of the heater box.There will be two to three screws holding it onto the heater box needing removed to remove and replace it.Labor to replace it at a shop is 5 hours charge due to the dash needing removed.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician