Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to get piggy lighter to work....Am having trouble…

Customer Question
Trying to get piggy...

Trying to get piggy lighter to work....Am having trouble figuring out where the end of the thick red cable (with Female blue crimp) goes?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Cigarette lighter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Nivara 2011.....Rego GAZ 734

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yip... it wasn't connected wen I got it.... Have connected the lighter end but out the back of it ....the red wire is not connected to anywhere?....

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/30/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Well the power socket is a simple 2 wire system obviously. The black wire is the ground and the red wire is the power wire.Is this the front power socket? Or the console power socket?
console power soket

Just checking in to see if you still need assistance?

hello.....Ive looked at ur wiring & lifted up the cupholder middle console behind handbrake..... My Nissan doesnt seem to have the 204 connector?.... So I may need you to facetime/ call me so you can point me in the right direction

Hey there, you would have ti dissassembly the console to find it. It's underneath the center console, unless you have a bench seat then it runs underneath the seat and under the carpet.

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician