Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 Altima key light 1st came on 2 weeks ago and went away.

Customer Question
2009 Altima key light...

2009 Altima key light 1st came on 2 weeks ago and went away. I replaced battery on the FOB. Now a light that says "warning x 0. Skip. Central"

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Where do I check for that?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to find out what signs mean? Want to know how serious it is and do I need to take to mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, car is running fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/30/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

I would take all the keys to your local auto parts store and have them tested, after that perform a vehicle reset by removing the negative battery cable then positive touch both cable ends together for 1 min then wait 15 more, install positive cable then negative and try everything again

hows it going?