Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My outside door button is stuck and it says the door is

Customer Question
Hi my outside door...

Hi my outside door button is stuck and it says the door is opened when closed so the lights don't shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

It's 13 degrees in Boston. But it has been getting sticky before this

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Nissan?

Just basic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just trying to push it more

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
12/29/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Last but not least if you could please indicate if your looking for advice, or if your working on the vehicle and need assistance with repairs. Ok lets get started!

What the year make and model for this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2010 murano

When you say button are you referring to the one in the door jam?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No the one on the door handle that I push to lock or unlock the care
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The manual calls it the door handle request switch

ok if that button is stuck it will need to be replaced, not much can go wrong with them but mechanical failures

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The interior lights won't go off. What do I do about them?

that issue would need to be addressed with the help of a scanner, there is a door switch somewhere or a component in the system thats not getting signal, and the only way to see what that is, is with the scanner.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where's the scanner at the dealer?

yes some people have these thats why I just say scanner but they are quite expensive to own.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok so you're telling me to go to the dealer

you can take it to a small shop as well or get the scanner equipment. whatever works out for you

hows it coming?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician