Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2004 Nissan Titan with a 5.6 liter V8, factory A/C. A/C

Customer Question
2004 Nissan Titan with...

2004 Nissan Titan with a 5.6 liter V8, factory A/C. A/C works fine, all ducts blow perfect, but I can not get heat when I adjust the temperature control. . I can feel both heater core hoses, and they both feel hot when the engine is warmed up. What is the culprit?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolant level is fine (I just looked). No hoses are leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself. I verified that temp control adjustment is plugged in behind the dash. I found what appears to be a temp sending unit screwed into the bottom of the HVAC box on the right side of the dash.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think I missed a thing. Just need to know the next trouble shooting trick

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
12/28/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having could be one of two things. The heater control valve could be sticking and not allowing coolant into to heater core, or the air mix door. If the air mix door is stuck on full cold, then you will not be able to get any heat. Here, I am attaching the description and location of the heater control/water valve along with the testing information for the circuits. I have also attached location information of the air mix door.

Here, I am providing testing for the air mix door circuit along with troubleshooting information for insufficient heating.

There is also the replacement information for the mix door included.

These are the most probable causes to your issue.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician