Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Nissan Pathfinder was working perfectly fine and then all…

Customer Question
My Nissan Pathfinder was...

My Nissan Pathfinder was working perfectly fine and then all of a sudden the ABS light went on, along with the hazard light, 4WD light and also my speedometer stopped moving. All at once

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

The brake light is on as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pathfinder?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything I don’t know much about cars

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that’s all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/28/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? did you want to know possible causes?

please

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the problem is that a fault has developed in the abs/traction control/4wd system which has taken all of these functions offline.

this system is what provides speed input to the speedometer, so that has stopped as well.

most likely a wheel speed sensor or the control module (control computer) for the system has failed, but you will need to have the fault logs scanned form the vehicle to verify 100%

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Hello are you there?