Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

It's a 2009 Rogue it won't start and the key indicator light…

Customer Question
It's a 2009 Rogue...

It's a 2009 Rogue it won't start and the key indicator light is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No is it in the handbook?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic noticed it yesterday but the car started after several hours. He checked the battery and alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It just started yesterday.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
12/28/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Which kind of key system do you have? Do you have the Intelligent Key type system where you only need to have the remote on you and you turn the knob to start the car? or do you have the regular type of ignition system where you have to use the mechanical key to start the car?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Regular key

So when you turn turn the key to the ON position, is the Security light on solid? Is this a factory key or a after market key?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All lights come on. The key indicator stays on after all of the other indicators go out.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
These are the factory keys

is the security light on solid when the key is turned to the on position?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when I turn the car off it flashes

Does both keys do this? The security light is suppose to flash with the ignition off..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried both keys
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same issue

If both keys are doing this, then both keys would need to be reprogrammed. A mobile locksmith can do this..

Has anyone tried programming the keys for you yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No this hasn't been tried yet.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that the question I need to ask the locksmith?

No, I was just wondering if anyone attempted to program your keys. So if both keys are doing this, I would contact a mobile locksmith and have them come out and program the keys for you. Other wise, it would need to go to the dealer to have them programmed.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
I tried calling the dealership and they aren't able to see me until Jan 7th. Wow. I will contact our local locksmith. Thank you for your assistance.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician