Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key wont register. It's a prox key. 2009 cube. I tried…

Customer Question
The key wont register ...

The key wont register

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

It's a prox key

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009 cube

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cube yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried adding an addition key

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/27/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

How are you trying to program and add another key?

via obd with Maxisys

Let me look up that scanner to see if it can do key programming and pin reads.. Hang on..

it will go into programming mode, but the security light will not flash the required 5 times after introducing the proximity key

Well the steps to programming is done by first putting the hazards on, and performing steering lock release. Once that is done, then the ignition is turned on. Then you would decode the 5 digit pin to a 4 digit pin and program. That is when the light would flash 5 times.

Did you decode the 5 digit Bcm pin? also, what Model Scanner is this? Cause I do see models that do Ecm programming, but I don't see them able to key registration.

it is a maxisys ms906. i did decode the pin, it grants me access and goes into programming, but the key would not register.i'm using the old key (correct fcc) and new key (purchased at dealer by vin)once the start button is pressed it will blink a light at the top of the button, then once the prox key is introduced the dash does light up but the security light will stay solid.

Are you doing Steering lock release as a first step?

You also need to erase all key ID's as well. Did you do that also?

the steering lock is being performed, (if the steering is not released it will not go into programming)
it erased all previous keys, thats the problem the car wont start now

Right.. so you do steering lock release with Hazards on.. RIght? Then you push the start button ( not stepping on the Brake ) to turn the ignition on. Then you enter the 4 digit pin, and perform the programming steps for the first remote. Then you turn the ignition off, and back on, to do the second remote. Then you turn the ignition back on and re-do the first remote.

correct
does the BCM or PCM go into lock mode?
or may me the anti theft module

No.. So you can get one of the remotes to program correct? Just not both?

i can't program neither of them now,

Sorry for the delay. The site has been experiencing technical issues and went down in the middle of our question.

Since you can get 1 of the remotes to program, if you restart the programming process, and you switch to the other remote, does that program?