Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Steering wheel is crooked but the tires are straight. The…

Customer Question
Steering wheel is crooked...

Steering wheel is crooked but the tires are straight. The ignition will not turn. I know the steering wheel has to be straightened but I cannot do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

It is keyless but I have tried my keys as well. Nothing is helping

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2007 Maxima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried turning the steering wheel both ways while turning the key but nothing is happening

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this strictly a maxima problem. Such a stupid problem. Makes me want to get a domestic vehicle

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
12/25/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 1 month ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can not turn the ignition to start the car as it is locked. I tried both sets of keys . Steering wheel is at a 11 oclock 5 oclock position. How do I unlock the dam thing
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

New expert here, have you applied your entire weight and pull on steering wheel in both directions while trying to start the car

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician