Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan Frontier has only 8777 miles on it. today went

Customer Question
Nissan Frontier has only...

Nissan Frontier has only 8777 miles on it. today went outside to start it it wanted to turn over but would not now finally it turned over and started. Our neighbor checked the battery with his meter and it was good and it was good lights were dim but husband drove it around block now it starts. Will check morrow morning for that. Bought it Pre-owned.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No it does not. it practically brand new. battery looks good. It's like it was not sparking. weird.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Frontier?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we know nothing about this & trust no one. Too many grinches who want your money. If it does not start morrow will wait till Tues and get a traveling mobile mechanic. It did start on it's own. Our neighbor stated maybe the inside light was left on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just suggestions for this. Stressed and the only car we have. We are both seniors and know nothing about vehicles. It does start for now.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
12/24/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

With only 8777 miles on the truck, pre-owned or not. The vehicle has Bump to Bumper warranty for 3 years or 36k miles from the manufacture.

So when it first was turning over, was it turning over slow? What is the outside temperature?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician