Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

HAD A BLOW OUT YESTERDAY RIGHT FRONT TIRE NOW MY BRAKE LIGHT…

Customer Question
HAD A BLOW OUT...

HAD A BLOW OUT YESTERDAY RIGHT FRONT TIRE NOW MY BRAKE LIGHT ABS LIGHT STAY ON AND I CAN'T TELL MY SPEED BECAUSE THAT DOESN'T WORK EITHER.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

EMERGENCY BRAKE AND ABS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2012 SENTRA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I HAVEN'T TRIED ANYTHING YET

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

With the blow out, did the tire get all shredded up?

If the tire got shredded up, it could have caught a ABS sensor wire and damaged it causing the ABS warning light to come on.

I would inspect the ABS sensor and wiring on the wheel you got the flat tire on to see if it was damaged to cause your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!