Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

M,Y TRUNK WILL NOT OPEN WITH THE REMOTES OR THE BUTTON ON…

Customer Question
M,Y TRUNK WILL NOT...

M,Y TRUNK WILL NOT OPEN WITH THE REMOTES OR THE BUTTON ON THE CAR, I REPLACED THE HATCH REMOTE.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

2015 MURANO SL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES I AM.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

REPLACED THE HATCH ACCESSRORY

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The hatch will open from the emergency release correct? What exactly did you replace?

The hatch remote is what opens the trunk. It's the mechanical and electric solonoid, that is in the trunk lid. It will open from the inside if I use a tool to open it. I know that.

Did you check on the dash to see if the power gate button was bumped and turned off?

The power button is on

So the only button that opens the hatch is the one on the dash correct?

or it doesn't open at all? What did you replace exactly?

Please read my answers. None of the buttons work.

I asked you what switch you replaced and if you can open the hatch with the emergency release and you have not told me that yet. I need that information as well

I have seen latch assemblies go and control units. I have also seen where the hatch could get closed on something and jam and not open as well.

So let me know..

Sir , we are repeating
I did not replace a switch. I told u I replaced the trunk hatch remote assy. And I told u where it was located

Oh, you replaced the remote.. That won't do this. So did you try opening the hatch using the emergency release from inside to see if it opens?

Did u not read my question about the problem I'm having. It tells u all that. .
The emergency part works
None of the buttons on the remotes, inside button, and outside button will open the trunk.

no, on the inside of the hatch in the hatch area, there is a emergency release to open the hatch..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84kwjv5g2c3o42f/1%20Murano%20Hatch%20Emergency%20Release.jpg?dl=0

Kay why are u concerned about the emergency way to open my trunk

I want to see if it opens. As I said, I have seen where the gate can get closed on something and jam and not open at all.

Are u reading my answers. Cause I have answers that question

When I have seen this, I have someone on the outside pulling the hatch while I use the emergency release and push the hatch while sitting down and using my legs to push it open.

I can get in the trunk that way. That's not the problem I an having.
If you can't help me just let me know. Cause all this repeating the same thing is not solving my issue. My issue is not the emergency way to open my trunk.

One of the fist things we always do is first manually open the hatch to inspect the area where it sits to make sure nothing is there and if all trims is sitting properly. Once we have verified the area is clear, then there is other checks we door after that..

Did I not tell u that I replaced the trunk hatch part. All clear there..

The next is to disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. This will do a master reset on the vehicle and can sometimes bring the rear hatch operation back to normal after doing this. So you can try that if you don't want to manually open the hatch to see if there is any thing holding it down..

When I say the hatch area being clear, it doesn't always mean a object that was in the hatch. There is molding and trim, that can come loose and apply pressure to the hatch.

You can't always determine if the area is clear unless you open the hatch.

I have been opening the trunk manually. I have took the battery cables off for and hour and it still doesn't work.

Then the motorized latch assembly would need to be checked as well as the lift gate control module for your issue

Where is the lift gate control module located?
The motorized latch has been replaced as i stated in my initial question.

It does not say you replaced the latch in your question?..

Then the only other thing would be the rear gate control module that would need to be checked

REPLACED THE HATCH ACCESSORY = is that what you meant for the latch assembly?

Here is a silly question, I assume you checked the valet switch in the glove box right?

I have

switch is plugged in? I have seen where incabin filters are changed and they are forgotten to be plugged in..

If all fuses are good, the Valet switch is plugged in and it's on, and you have replaced the latch assembly, the only thing left would be the lift gate control module. Assuming the BCM has not been replaced or tampered with.

Where is the lift gate control module located

If you are standing in the back of the car looking at it's behind the drivers rear quarter trim panel