Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The rear hatch opens from the key and the inside, but when I…

Customer Question
The rear hatch opens...

The rear hatch opens from the key and the inside, but when I push the button on the hatch itself it does not close....have i accidentally turned something off?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No Like I said, the release opens it from the inside and from the key. I can remotely close it from the key, but when I push the button that is on the hatch itself, it doesn't close I have to use the key

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Or use the button from the inside of the car. 2014 Rogue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing Just happened

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

there isn't a way to disable the button - most likely it has just failed unfortunately.

sorry to have bad news but I hope that my honest and prompt answer is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

thank you
is that an expensive fix?

no, not really, maybe $50. please do not forget to click on a positive rating

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

On your dash by your left knee when sitting in the drivers seat there is a switch that turns off the power lift gate. Its labeled " POWER DOOR " if this is off, then the power function of the lift gate will not operate. So I would check that setting for your issue. It's not a the button. The button is not 50 bucks either. That is around 90 or so, and 2 hours labor to install.

But most likely, that switch got bumped.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!