Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2010 Rogue nissan, transmission failed and need a new…

Customer Question
Have a 2010 Rogue...

Have a 2010 Rogue nissan, transmission failed and need a new one. I don't have $4200 so I buy a rebuilt transmission had it installed and then programed at Nissan to make it work. Had it 3days and it acted like it was choking and just go and stop and go and stop, give it gas and it moves a little then the chokes. Took it back to mechanic who in stalled transmission an his check showed everything to be fine, had 1 day and same thing all over, he changed the sensor put the sensor from origional transmission in . he drove it 2 different times and all was fine, I picked it up drove to town and and same thing all over again, spitting and choking. Need some help, all this has been expensive. Need some help. Thank you for kind assisiance.. Bill

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

It was sensor on the transmission, engine light does come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I'm no mechanic, I'm 86 and good at a lot of things but I'm no mechanic. Have a lot of friends who are and I must say all of them tell me that 2010 / 2011 have been real headaches for Nissan and since then that transmission design is no longer around, 2 of them have worked at Nissan. Above is whats been done, transmission changed and made to work with new code at Nissan.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

2010 was actually a good year model to own, some of the transmission do have issues but at least they were warrantied for 10 years and 120k miles. Anything outside of that of course is a headache.

Theres really only one external sensor the speed sensor that I assume you were changing out? What code was it?

what code do you mean? Mechanic just told me he put origional sensor from origional transmission. It black, overall lenght was about 2-3 inches. He didn't say anything about a code. only code I heard about was the one Nissan apply"s to the rebuilt transmision to make it match the engine.
You must be talking about the initialization procedure and writing the TCM.
Do you only notice thebissues after long drives or anything?