Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 1987 25 hp Nissan electric start. The gas connector…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a 1987 25 hp Nissan electric start. The gas connector on the tank is leaking. Are parts still available? Where, how much?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine when I get gas to it. This is not a vehicle, it is an outboard motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '87 Nissan?

Don't know. Wil have to look at it in daylilghltg to see if I can find it. It is a 25 hp and was told by Nissan las year fthatg it is a l987. Ill have tgo getg the serial number in dayhlight

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just a matter of replacing the fuel line connector on the gas tank. I can do that easily myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is the cost of a new fuel line and where can I get one?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician