Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Well there is one for sale at a dealership that has a

Customer Question
Well there is one...

Well there is one for sale at a dealership that has a transmission issue something about radiator fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

He just did hes a auto person he said he redid the electronic and totally went through it put new sensors into it thinking that was the issue and it wasn't

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

Im gonna call him this afternoon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just what he has tried he says it needs a new transmission for 3,800 he said a new tranny it would be runn ing again if theres a recall I want in on that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I will ask him and call ya back ok?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/20/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

hey there, sounds like a cross contamination issue.

Titans, pathfinders, exterras, frontiers all had issues up through 2010 where the transmission cooler line at the bottom of the radiator would crack internally.

This in return mixes the transmission fluid and coolant and ruins the transmission.

To correct the problem you need to flush the cooling system and replace the radiator. Replace the transmission.

no recall, just a warranty extension to 80,000 miles.

will that lead to a new transmisson the guy said it would. and that its common with the vehicle
how would I find if its would be a recall issue ? who do I call?

I am telling you it is NOT a recall. There was simply a warranty extension.

What is the year of the vehicle and the mileage?

Nissan will cover repair costs over $2,500 to fix the covered radiator defect if at the time of repair your vehicle exceeds eight years or 80,000 miles, whichever is less, but has less than nine years or 90,000 miles. You will be responsible for paying only $2,500.

If at the time of repair, your vehicle exceeds nine years or 90,000 miles, whichever is less, but has less than 10 years or 100,000 miles, and the repairs cost more than $3,000, Nissan will cover the repair costs over $3,000. You will be responsible for paying only $3,000.

if the vehicle is over 10 years old or has over 100k miles Nissan will not cover any of the repairs.

Just checking back to see if you still need help with this? If so please let me know, but if not please be sure to leave a kind rating.

thanks.