Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Believe I have a starter going out. Put a brand new battery…

Customer Question
Believe I have a...

Believe I have a starter going out. Put a brand new battery in today. Hit ignition switch and just click click chatter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Sound like starter. All lights dim when attempt to turn over engine.All of a sudden the thing started up. Back out of my garage. Back it up in driv e way. Turn off and wouln't start. Plane on having it towed to garage.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 Nissan Titan 5.6LE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wasn't planning on doing myself. 78 years old and not suppose to be lifting heavy objects. If it is the start, is it hard to do myself ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I notice that after I had stopped trying to start the engine there was a wherring noise come from some where. Lasted about 15 second before quitting.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

You are getting a Rapid clicking when you try to start the truck? Is that correct?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician