Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Code p1217. .p1217 yes. 2005 2.5 altima. Reset code filled…

Customer Question
.p1217 yes Mechanic's Assistant:...

.p1217 yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2005 2.5 altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, reset code filled coolent res

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car running hot, fans working, no heat coming when heater turned in

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 6 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi, my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today .

the p1217 code is just telling you the car is overheating

did you replace anything yet to fix this problem ?

Understand, but why is it overheating?

have you replace anything to try to fix the overheat ?

No call

ok

did you check the thermostat ?

Not yet, but the heater is not putting out heat?

have the check the coolant level?

you should check the coolant level and fill if needed run the car till hot and check the thermostat by checking the temp of the upper and lower radiator hoses they should both be hot and hard if the button is not replace the thermostat and fill and bleed the coolant system .

r u there ??

do you have any more questions ??

We are good thank you Cliff

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

please use the rating button on the chat screen