Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to remove upper thermostat housing to replace

Customer Question
Trying to remove upper...

Trying to remove upper thermostat housing to replace thermostat got all the bolts off will not come loose

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2007 sentra 2.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am got everthing loose from housing will not come loose

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, which thermostat are you removing, the one on the cylinder head or one above the ac compressor?

On the upper housing make sure you have the 6 bolts removed. If it is still not coming off you may need to tap it around with a rubber mallet to break the gasket/ O ring seal. I'll post the full instructions below