Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2010 rogue awd has a vibration in the steering wheel when…

Customer Question
My 2010 rogue awd...

My 2010 rogue awd has a vibration in the steering wheel when I reach 30 to 40 mph. Once past that speed the vibration goes away. What do you think it is?

Mechanic's Assistant: How often does the vibration occur, and when did you last have the tires balanced?

Always and it was vibrating before and after I changed all tires this past thanksgiving weekend.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

The reason for the tires was because my daughter had driven home from college with the car approx. 900 miles, and the front tires were totally shot. worn almost to baldness. Had new tires put on and balanced etc. Vibration was noticed before I took for tire replacement and now still there since new ones installed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Replace passenger side outer drive shaft boot this past January.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 5 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

did the 2 new front tires make it better or worse ?

was it aligned ?

and there is no loose suspension parts in the front at all when it was inspected ?

stayed the same, and yes it was aligned.

and you just feel it in the steering wheel only at those speeds ?

just in the steering wheel at those speeds really narrows down this issue to a rim or tire or a front axle as long as the steering ans suspension is tight

if it starts and ends at a speed range there is something out of balance tire or rim or an axle

i would swap front tires and rims and rotate to the back if it is still the same then there is something loose in the front end or one of the front axles is bad causing this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, Technician