Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Overheated earlier, then cooled off plenty of water and oil.

Customer Question
Overheated earlier, then cooled...

Overheated earlier, then cooled off plenty of water and oil. Now it died I restarted but TCS and slip light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Not yet, to dark, but coolant shows full and I took the cap off the radiator and it was full I don’t understand what else could cause it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2006 maxima 3.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to I’m 300 miles from home

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

If the TCS and SLIP came on after overheating, I would disconnect the battery/ clear the codes to see if it returns, if it does return then we need to get a scan tool to read the codes. It may have went into "Limp Mode" since overheating. Try that, if it does not work, then lets get it scanned for trouble codes to determine the actual problem

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician