Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It was running fine. stopped for a red light and when it…

Customer Question
It was running fine...

It was running fine. stopped for a red light and when it went to accelerate it boggs down. what could cause it

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

A stop light at an intersection

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1996 Nissan pick up truck (hard body)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check the rotor cap, checked for possible vapor lock.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The fuel filling hose and associated hoses were shortened due to a modified bed. could this cause a fuel flow problem

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 5 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, I did it stall out or just bog?
Is it obvious at a certain rpm?
Just bogging. Did not stall. Fuel pump and filter good.
Thanks, ***** *****’s bogging heavily and will not let you build rpms then you may a MAF issue or distributor issue. Would be a good idea to just clean out the MAF .and see if it helps.When you removed the distributor cap did you look at the bottom cover and see any oil intrusion or anything?
no oil intrusion.
Service engine soon light on?
For a while but truck was running fine. Cleaning MAF now.
You know what codes ?
don't have a code reader. will have to wait until tomorrow. need to go to work now. out of time.
Not a problem, I will keep the question open and you can get back with me then.
okay thanks.
No problem. Talk to you then.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician