Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Where is the fuel pump relay on a 2000 Nissan dessert

Customer Question
Where is the fuel...

Where is the fuel pump relay on a 2000 Nissan dessert runner?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?

Battery is new, truck has 130000 mioles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Nissan?

Frontyier desert runner 4x2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed fuel filter, added water removal chemicals and injector cleaner

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I thought that I had it fixed, was making power, with the brakes on on xmsn in drive could spin the rear wheels, then it just quit. would not restart but does turn.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, Jake here.I assume you verified it was not getting fuel? Runs on starting fluid?
it is not getting fuel
Thanks, ***** ***** fuel pump relay is at the drivers right knee area under the dash.Have you got a volt meter or test light or anything?
The blue/white wire at the relay goes to the pump. It should get power when you first turn key to on for a couple seconds then go off, if you crank the engine power should be there always while cranking.If you have power at that wire the relay is working normally.

Hey there, checking back to see if you still need assistance? If so let me know, if not please remember to leave a kind rating.

thanks.

If you need further assistance please let me know! If not, a kind rating is appreciated. thanks.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician