Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I noticed this morning that the power assisted brakes seem…

Customer Question
I noticed this morning...

I noticed this morning that the power assisted brakes seem not to be working. Although the brakes still work, the pedal resistance is hard. Checked the brake fluid quantity, and it is good. 2000 Nissan Frontier

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried "bleeding the brakes" to get any air out of the line?

No. I am not any kind of mechanic. I do not know how to do that.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checked the brake fluid reservoir level; it is near to MAX. Cannot find any brake fluid leaks in the engine compartment.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

SOunds like you have a booster out, does it make a vacuum or air sounds when applying brakes ?

I do not hear any sounds.
The brakes work, but the power assist appears to be gone.

there should be a vacuum hose attached to the booster pull it off along with the check valve and see if your getting vacuum from after the valve

I start doing that and I am going to damage something. Better take it to my mechanc. Is it safe to drive?

yes just keep your distance and dont be in any hurry and you will be fine

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!