Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

No power under acceleration, immediate loss of power when…

Customer Question
No power under acceleration...

No power under acceleration, immediate loss of power when going up hill, general reluctance to change gear unless taken well above 3000 rpm, using excess fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Constant, I think, but it can be over come by excess rpm.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009 y61 3 litre inter cooled turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

It's original equipment

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't do any work on the vehicle at all. I read somewhere that it could be a waster gate solenoid valve that failing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It' only done 107000kms

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

Have a back pressure test done on the exhaust to see if the catalytic converters are clogged. thank you.

do you still need help?

No thank you.

what was the problem if I may ask?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician