Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

85 Pulsar NX. Stalled. Towed to service center. Tuned. New…

Customer Question
85 Pulsar NX. Stalled...

85 Pulsar NX. Stalled. Towed to service center. Tuned. New distributor. Car starts, then stalls after a few minutes. Restart after 20 or so minutes. Stalls again after a few minutes. Replaced ECM. No improvement.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No check engine light. Had to "feather" the accelerator when cold to avoid stalling. Then Friday after Thanksgiving, pulled away from a stoplight and car stalled leading to above

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pulsar NX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. The garage where I take my cars for service did what is described above.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Let me get back to you. I'm at the office and heading home soon. I sent myself the link to your site, so I'll be in touch...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 day by:
12/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician