Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It seems like the automatic climate control is stuck I

Customer Question
It seems like the...

It seems like the automatic climate control is stuck I cannot change the settings

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014 Nissan Altima SV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went and bought a new climate control but when I installed still doing the same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If there is a reset for this types of problems

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/15/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

Are all of the settings stuck? Or just the temperature?

All
all the settings are stuck I can do nothing is stuck 75 degrees auto A/c on

Okay gotcha. There is a system reset on these, that is performed by pulling fuse #30(10A) for 30 seconds with the key on, turn the key off for 30 seconds and re install fuse, this will power reboot the module and should get things working. If there is still no response then we will need to get it hooked up to a scan tool and check for codes

where this fuse is located

It is in the fuse box under the hood

Where exactly fuse #30 is located

Here is a picture diagram of both fuse boxes. It is in the smaller box on the first page, you will see the numbers labeled on each one

when I look at the diagram does not match my vehicle
That is strange, that is the info it pulls up for me. I will opt out and open this back up to a new expert who hopefully has the correct schematic
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.,

This Air Control system has more than one fuse, so pulling the fuse is not the best way to see if a reset will work. You would need to disconnect the Negative battery cable for 15 mins and then connect it and see if the issue continues and let me know..

Ok?

Jay I did the 15 minutes and no good result the same situation I which we ca get resolution thanks

So the air controller does not respond to any type of Vent change? or blower motor change?

No response

What position is it stuck in? Also is this a Auto Air system?

Is stuck in auto 75 degrees the fan speed changes and outside air in

Is this a Auto Air system?

I don’t understand your question

on your air controller, is there a button that says Auto?

if you give me a number I send you a picture with the exact status

You can take a picture and up load it to this question

cool.. Thanks... You have Auto Air.. Thank you.. So if you press Mode it does nothing?

Correct nothing any button

Then this is most likely the air controller that is bad. But should be checked to verify. If there is no response for any button, that is a controller issue.

That means the Air Controller with all the buttons and screen.

Jay I bought a new head and is the same that’s how I got to you

Ok... It's exactly the same unit? It's not used? Did the old controller have no response at all like this one?

Then the AC Auto Amp needs to be checked next.

that is the box under the radio.

The controller communicates to that, and the Ac Auto Amp is what changed all mode and also controls blower speeds.

How do I check it go get one at the Yunk ard

I can give you the Ac Auto Amp Reference values, but you may need a Oscilloscope to monitor signals..

Do you want the Terminal Reference values?

Should I just get one from the Yunk yard

If it's cheap.. Sure..

Can I follow up with you tomorrow

Sure..

How can I contact you

You would just need to log back into JustAnswer and go to my questions to return back to this question

Then you can return back to this question

Good night thanks

Good Night and your Welcome!