Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 with 5 speed automatic

Customer Question
I have 2005 Nissan...

I have 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 with 5 speed automatic transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?

Car came in repair center lock in 5th gear no down shift, when pull in manual shift stays in 5 only.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

This is a repair center

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Transmission replace,ecm, trans ecm , speed senor,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/14/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 8 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

HI MY NAME IS***** WILL BE HELPING YOU TODAY

DO YOU HAVE ANY CODE FROM THE SYSTEM ECM AND TCM ?

Po0726. Replace crank senior , have a signal. In scanal

nothing in tcm?

is this the reason you replace the trans ?

Transmission start off in 5 gear will. not down shift h good rev.Have a rpm signal. In the tcm

did you have this problem before you replace the trans ?

I will have to opt out is ii have not seen this problem before thanks.

Nissan Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

P0726 isn't a valid code, I'm assuming it's setting a P0725 in the TCM. This code sets when the trans controller isn't receiving a valid engine RPM signal from the engine controller. This signal is sent on a dedicated circuit between the two modules over the white/green wire at pin 103 and the ECM and 39 at the TCM. If the TCM and ECM have been replaced with known good parts and the code is still setting then there is an issue with this wire. It's either shorted to power or ground, is open or has high resistance, or something else is inducing current into it, at the time the code is active.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

When I check my signal in the tcm l have a rpm .raise. Up on speed increase. If I cut on ignition switch with no start and pull shifter to drive and over to select gear I can receiver a 1 gear read. But if start the engine it will go to 5 reading only. Roy

The engine speed signal isn't correct for whatever reason at the time the code is setting. If the parts have been ruled out then the problem has to be wiring.

Dear sir,check the 39 pin at tcm it. Red and yellow wire going. To the lng relay, has 12 volk power with switch on

Can you post the VIN?

1N4BL11D35C343615
Nissan Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

I'm a full time tech and at work this morning, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.