Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The no key warning indicator comes on, but the keys are in…

Customer Question
The no key warning...

The no key warning indicator comes on, but the keys are in my pocket....please advise on possibble causes..

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No it's a keyless car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Murano s model 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Started a couple of days ago, used the spare keys today & the same situation occured, was able to tap the back of the car & restart & continued driving...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/14/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you get the No key Warning, and the key is on you. Most likely the Fob battery is weak and it's loosing signal. So you are going to want to change the batteries in both remotes to resolve your issue. You can get the remote batteries at any auto parts store or local stores

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!