Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a nissan mistral 1999 model its automatic gearbox and…

Customer Question
Hi i got a...

Hi i got a nissan mistral 1999 model its automatic gearbox and lately is has forward gear picking issues.actually i takes time to pick up the front gear , the reverse is not a issue, its working fine only the front gear.and after a while once its start running and the engine gets hot, the vehicle run sucessfully

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

Well i just changed the transmission oil

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 Nissan?

The brake switvh ,what has it to do with the gears

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well i took it to a mechanic and he changed the transmission oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well in general its giving only the gears issue just when i start i have to give a lot of speed for the car to move in gear 1

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

how many miles on the transmission?