Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 nissan titan with 75000 miles. The truck has…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a 2006 nissan titan with 75000 miles. The truck has recently been my wife's daily driver,aside from her use I infrequently use the truck to haul firewood,gravel or construction materials.During or after hauling I rarely hear the transmission cooler fan kick on. Recently I have noticed the cooler fan kick on once after driving into town under normal conditions with no load,and twice now while idling after just being started and driven 500 ft on my property in freezing conditions 25-28 degrees Fahrenheit.also with no load.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

75,000 , 5.6 liter v8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes if I can. Nothing yet i am trying to get info on where to start,I just read how to check the fluid properly but do not have a CONSULTII to verify fluid temp. I am also not sure how crucial this unit is if checking and toping off the transmission.I obviously would not want to overfill and cause a more serious problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thank you for you time!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok I believe your experiencing the condenser fan recall that's pretty common on those,

Recall Number

08V284000

Recall Date

06/27/2008

Component

EQUIPMENT:AIR CONDITIONER

Summary

NISSAN IS RECALLING 180,664 MY 2005-2006 TITAN, ARMADA AND INFINITY QX56 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED AFTER MARCH 17, 2005, THAT ARE EQUIPPED WITH A VISTEON AIR CONDITIONING CONDENSER FAN MOTOR. THE FAN MOTOR MAY NOT BE PROPERLY SEALED ALLOWING EXCESSIVE WATER INTRUSION AND INADEQUATE DRAINAGE OF MOISTURE.

Consequence

THIS COULD CAUSE CORROSION IN THE MOTOR LEADING POSSIBLY TO OVERHEATING AND A FIRE.

What Owners Should Do

DEALERS WILL INSTALL A 'THERMAL PROTECTOR KIT' AND TEST THE AIR CONDITIONING CONDENSER FAN MOTOR AND REPLACE IT IF NECESSARY. THE RECALL BEGAN ON AUGUST 2, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-***-***-****.

I would call the local dealer to see if this has been done to your vehicle, it will be free of charge if it hasent

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician